ABOUT MONTENEGRO HOSTEL BUDVA
Welcome to Montenegro Hostel Budva, opened 10 years ago in the Old Town of Budva. Because of its location hostel is very popular among guests. Located in the middle of the old town all our guests are in the center of many events organized in summer months. During the rest of the year the city is calm and ideal for resting as the old town is surrounded with beaches. The hostel is well-equipped and offers everything our guests need. The guests can take one of the many tours and transfers organized by MH Travel Agency.
The Hostel is located in old traditional stone buildings in the Old Town of Budva. The buildings are historical houses which kept its original look while the interior is adapted to all needs of a modern day traveller, so take a look at our offer:
Hostel is situated in two buildings in close proximity to each other. In one we have dorms, in the second private rooms.
- Reception is open from 8 in the morning until midnight, in high season until one after midnight.
- To the guests who want to explore the city and the rest of Montenegrohostel offers many tours organized by MH Travel Agency which is a part of Montenegro Hostel company. All tours are well-made and detailed and the prices are convenient. All tour offers you can find on our website in the section Tours and Excursions.
- Hostel doesn’t have a parking as its located in the protected area of the old town so the guests will have to use parking lots around old town which charge up to 2€ per hour
- For guests coming from the airport we can organize pick up service. We also can organize transfers to the airport if needed.
- Beaches that make Budva known around the world are located close to the hostel. Nearest beach is located just 50 meters away.
- Hostel will not organize loud parties and will take care of our guests and neighbors peace.
- Hostel is located at the best possible location so everything our guests need is very close and will not need taxi service or city transportation.
Montenegro Hostel Budva is located in the Old Town of Budva.
With its excellent sandy beaches, multitude of hotels and scenic walled old town Budva, including the surrounding area, it is the single most important summer resort in Montenegro. The old town lies at the cape of Budva’s spacious bay, while the rest of the flat terrain around it is quickly being filed with houses and apartments gaining ground each year. During the beginning and at the end of the season Budva is a very pleasant place. Budva is one of the oldest settlements on the Adriatic. The legend holds that it was founded by the Theban king Cadmus while the written sources tell us about the Greek colony Buthoa already in 4th c. BC.
The Old Town is enclosed by sturdy town walls that stand in the place of the medieval ones but date mostly from renewal following in the 1667 earthquake. The entrance to it is gained through sixes gates: the main Land Gate from the spacious square facing north, the small Sea Gate towards the small beach and four others from the direction of the yachting marina. It is possible to climb up the walls in three places and walk along the ramparts from the Land Gate to the Citadel. Above the Land Gate stands the winged lion of St Mark, the symbol of Venetian Republic. From the Land Gate starts Njegoševa St., the main street of the Old Town which leads to the Trg Pjesnika( Poets ‘ Square) with and info point and the tiny Sea Gate to its right.
In 1979 a strong earthquake reduced Budva to rubble. The recovery of the walled town took many years but when it was finally finished Budva shone like never before.
The hub of Budva is its Old Town which became too small for its population only in the second half of 20th c. The reconstruction following the 1979 earthquake purged it from several newer buildings and brought back fully its medieval character with narrow zigzag streets and tiny squares. This is also the main shopping district in the town with many small boutiques, jewellers and souvenir shops, but it is also home to many fine restaurants and cafes.
LOCATION AND PICK UP SERVICES
Montenegro Hostel is located 1km from the bus station (about 15 minutes of walking) or you can take a taxi which approximately costs 3-4€. Budva doesn’t have a train station.
Airport Tivat is located 25km from the hostel. We organize transfers from and to the airport for the price of 20€ per ride (maximum 4 persons per car)
If our guests from the hostel need transportation to the airport they should talk to our receptionist and they will do the rest
ATMs, shops, bars, restaurants, boutiques, souvenir shops and pharmacy are located 2-20 meters from the hostel, the main city street with the shopping mall is located just 1-5 minutes from the hostel
Most popular bars, beaches, disco clubs, marina are located from a couple of meters to a maximum of 10 minutes of walking from the hostel
1. every room has kitchen free for use ( fully equipped ), tea coffee free for use
2. lockers in the room
3. WiFi is free, connection in every room
4. common room
5. every room is air conditioned
6. free city map
7. reception is open from 8 am till midnight
8. transfers and tours desk
9. washing and drying service of 6 euro
10. computers free for use.
11. age limit (see more about that issue in chapter Rooms in Hostel)
12. smoking is allowed only in front of the hostel
13. no curfew
14 paying by card acceptably
15. city tax is not included in the price ( see more that issue in chapter Taxies)
16. towels, linens, blankets, pillows are free for use
ROOMS IN HOSTEL
NOTE: NOTE: There are 2 type of the rooms: private rooms and dorms. If the guest wants to book a private room the guest needs to book entire room. If the guest wants to book a bed in dormitory guest is able to book only one bed, not the entire room.
Hostel can accommodate guests of all ages, but because of quality and security of guests staying, hostel has an age limit. Parents with kids younger than 18 can book only private rooms, apartments, or a whole dorm (private dorm). Age limit in dorms is 18th to 45 age range. Guests +45 can book private rooms, apartments or whole dorm as a private dorm.
Bed in 6-bed Mixed Dormitory Room (private bathroom): bunk beds, AC, WiFi
Bed in 8-bed Mixed Dormitory Room (private bathroom): bunk beds, AC, lockers, kitchen, WiFi
VAT is included in the price.
CITY TAX is 1,1 euro per day of staying ( per person) is not included in the price. Children pays 0,50 euro of city tax.
In addition to our whole offer we can’t not mention the most important thing which makes this hostel so popular, which is our staff.
Extremely hard-working, they will greet you with a smile, help you with everything you need, give you best recommendations about restaurants, where to go out, what to see and visit and so on.
NOTE: Our staff and the owner of the hostel is available 24/7. Everything you need you can ask on reception number 0038269650885 or owner’s number 0038269039751.
Before you decide to make reservation check our facilities and terms and conditions.
We hope you will have a pleasant stay.
Montenegro Hostel Team