ABOUT MONTENEGRO HOSTEL PODGORICA
Welcome to the most popular hostel in Podgorica. With almost 10 years of hard work we provided to all backpackers and budget travellers a fantastic place to rest while on their trip through Montenegro, a base from where travellers can easily explore almost whole of Montenegro. Podgorica has the best geographical location in the country and is located close to every National Park as well as country’s biggest attractions and most interesting towns. Rest assured that if you choose our hostel you will not be disappointed. Highly ranked on Booking.com and Hostelworld the hostel provides all activities needed to a modern traveller. So read carefully what we offer.
Montenegro Hostel Podgorica is located in a beautiful newly-built building and is the ideal place for all types of travellers because:
1. Our reception is open 24 hours per day so all travellers that arrive late in the night or early in the morning can check-in whatever time they arrive to the hostel. So late travellers don’t have to worry about their bed even after midnight.
2.Guests going to the airport in the morning, to the bus or train station can do an early check-out and can also book anytime our transfer to the airport.
3. To the guests that need silence and rest, this hostel will be the ideal solution, as it is located in a very calm part of the city even though its less than a kilometer away from the loud part of the city
4. To the guests that need working, reading or studying space hostel provides a beautiful garden and roof terrace where they can find absolute peace for their needs.
5. To our guests that want to explore the city and rest, Montenegro hostel offers many excursions and tours organized by MH Travel Agency which is a part of Montenegro Hostel Company. All excursions are made for individual traveller needs, very detailed all well made, and prices are very convenient. All tour details you can find on our web site, section Tours and Excursions
6. We have our own parking which is free and safe.
7. For our guests coming from the airport we can provide organized pick-up.
8. During summer months we organize barbecue, pub crawl and other type of activities for our guests. In the yard and on the terrace our guests can sunbath and enjoy using our deck-chairs and if somebody wants to swim, the city beach on river Moraca is only 200 meters from the hostel.
9. Guests can rent a bike in the hostel and explore the city.
10. Hostel will not organize loud parties and pays attention about the peace of our guests and neighbors.
Montenegro Hostel Podgorica is located in the Old Town of Podgorica named Stara Varoš.
This is the oldest preserved quarter of Podgorica, dating back to Ottoman rule. It is a muddle of several narrow streets ending at the bank of river Morača. Though almost all of the houses have been readapted, the area still has an undeniable oriental feel for its gardens behind high walls, mosques but also for its neglect and dirt.The most prominent sight here and one of the town’s landmarks is the Clock Tower (Sahatkula) standing at the edge of the quarter and facing the socialist apartment blocks across the street.
The modest stone edifice was built in the late part of the 18th century, by local Muslim Adži-paša Osmanagić as a good deed for his town. Around the Clock Tower spreads a small square lined with a couple of old cafes. Here you can also find the modest Natural History Museum (Prirodnjački muzej) presenting flora and fauna of Montenegro. A few steps away to the left of the tower stands the nicest piece of Ottoman architecture in the town, the Čubranović House. Dating from 1630, today it is a restaurant. In the central street of Stara Varoš one will find two small mosques from the mid 18th century.
LOCATION AND PICK UP SERVICES
Montenegro Hostel Podgorica is located only five minutes of walking from the city center, Hilton Hotel, town post office, the main street, Ulica Slobode, and main city square. Hostel is located 4km from Delta City Shopping Mall and Atlas Capital Business Center.
Bus and train station is a kilometer away from the hostel (about 15 minutes of walking) or you can take a taxi for a price of 2€.
Airport is 10km from the hostel. We organize transfers from the hostel to the airport and from the airport to the hostel for a price of 7€ per ride (maximum 4 persons per car)
If you need a ride to the airport, bus station, or train station just ask on the reception and they will organize everything.
1. kitchen free for use ( fully equipped ), tea coffee free for use
2. breakfast is included in the price
3. lockers in the room
4. greengarden with umbrellas, tables and sun-beds
5. roof terrace with a view on the river Moraca, bridge Millenium and hill Ljubovic
6. wi-fee is free, connection in every room and garden
7. common room
8. every room is air conditioned
9. free city map
10. reception is open 24 hours
11. car park in front of the hostel is secure and free
12. rent-a bike
13. transfers and tours desk
14. washing and drying service of 5 euro
15. computers free for use.
16. age limit ( see more about that issue in chapter Rooms in Hostel)
17. smoking is allowed only in the garden or on the roof terrace.
18. no curfew
19. paying by card acceptable
20. city tax is not included in the price ( see more in chapter Taxes)
21. towels, linens, blankets, pillows are free for use
ROOMS IN HOSTEL
NOTE: There are 2 type of the rooms: private rooms and dorms. If the guest wants to book a private room the guest needs to book entire room. If the guest wants to book a bed in dormitory guest is able to book only one bed, not the entire room.
Hostel can accommodate guests of all ages, but because of quality and security of guests staying, hostel has an age limit. Parents with kids younger than 18 can book only private rooms, apartments, or a whole dorm (private dorm). Age limit in dorms is 18th to 45 age range. Guests +45 can book private rooms, apartments or whole dorm as a private dorm.
Double Room (shared bathroom): double bed, AC, breakfast, Wi-Fee
Triple Room (shared bathroom): tree separate beds, AC, breakfast, Wi-Fee
Bed in 6-bed Mixed Dormitory Room (shared bathroom): bunk beds, AC, lockers, breakfast, Wi-Fee
Bed in 10-bed Mixed Dormitory Room (private bathroom): bunk beds, AC, lockers, balcony, breakfast, Wi-Fee
Bed in 6-bed Mixed Dormitory Room (private bathroom): bunk beds, AC, lockers, kitchen in the room, breakfast, Wi-Fee
VAT is included in the price.
CITY TAX is 1,1 euro per day of staying ( per person) is not included in the price. Children pay 0,50 euro of city tax.
For guests who have late departures of bus and already checked out, there is a possibility of daily stay.
Guests who paid for the daily stay can use all the hostel services except for the bed: baggage safekeeping lockers, kitchen, bathroom, computer usage, and common room.
Daily stay costs 5 euro.
In addition to our whole offer we can’t stop without mentioning the most important thing which makes this hostel so popular, which is our staff.
Extremely hard-working, they will greet you with a smile, help you with everything you need, give you best recommendations about restaurants, where to go out, what to see and visit and so on.
NOTE: Our staff and the owner of the hostel is available 24/7. Everything you need you can ask on reception number 0038269255501 or owner’s number 0038269039751.
Before you decide to make reservation check our facilities and terms and conditions.
We hope you will have a pleasant stay.
Montenegro Hostel Team